《学英语300句》(20)

In a Taxi  在出租车上

陈 琳

A  Good morning, Sir.

   早上好,先生。

B  Good morning!

   早上好。

A  Where to?

   您上哪儿?

B  I just want to look around the city a bit.

   我只是想在城里绕饶看看。

A  Any particular places you want to see?

   有什么特别 想看的地方吗?

B  Where would you suggest we go?

   你建议咱们去什么地方好呢?

A  Well, I would suggest we drive along Changan Boulevard first. It’s the longest and straightest boulevard in the world, you know.

   我建议咱们先沿着长安街开,它是世界上 最长最直的一条大街,您知道。

B  So I’ve heard. OK, let’s do that.

   我听说过。好的,咱们就这么干。

A  Now look to your right, Sir. That lane is the famous Xiushui Dongjie, the East Xiushui Street. You can find all kinds of clothes ther e.The are cheap and nice. Lots of tourists go and shop there.

   先生,您往右边看。那条胡同是著名的秀水东街。您可以在那儿买到各种各样的衣服,而且物美价廉。好多游客都去那儿买东西。

B  Could you stop there a moment theen?

   那你能在那里停一下吗?

A  Let me find a place to park.

   我来找个地方停车。

B  I’ll just have a look. Please wait.

   我就是看一眼。请等一下。

A  Sure, but mind your pockets.

   行,可得小心您的兜儿。

B  Thank you.

   谢谢!

………………

A  Well, what do you think of it?

   您觉得这地方怎么样?

B  Very crowded. But lots of good, cheap clothes there.

   非常拥挤。可是的确有许多物美价廉的衣服。

A  You can come back some other time.

   您可以改日再来。

B  Right. I’ll certainly do that.

   对,我肯定要再来。

………

A  This is the Friendship Store. A special shopping center for foreign tourists.

   这是友谊商店。专供外国游客买东西的购物中心。

B  What’s sold there?

   都卖些什么?

A  All kinds of China-made quality products such as Xinjiang carpets, fine china, and little souveniors for you to take home.

   各种各样的国产名牌商品,如新疆地毯、细瓷器、小纪念品,买了可以带回家。

B  Mm, I must come back and have a look. Are we nearing Tian’an Men Square?

   这个吗,我必须回来再看看。咱们快到天安门广场了吗?

A  Yes, we are, in five minutes, if the traffic is not too heavy.

   是的,如果交通不太拥挤,五分钟就到。

B  I hear there’s a big book store near it?

   我听说附近有一家大书店是吗?

A  You mean the Xidan Book Center? Yes, it’s a bit further west.

   您是说西单图书大厦吧? 对,再往西一点儿就是。

B  Do they sell books in English?

   他们卖不卖英文书籍?

A  I’m sure they do.

   我肯定他们卖。

B  I want to buy a China guide book in English.

   我想买一本英文的中国导游手册。

A  You want me to drop you off there?

   您要在那儿下车吗?

B  Yes, please.

   是的。

………

A  Here we are, Sir.

   到了,先生。

B  I think I’ll get off here. How much do I owe you?

   我就在下车吧。一共多少钱?

A  Twenty-five yuan, please.

   二十五元。

B  Here’s thirty yuan. You can keep the change.

   这是三十元。不用找钱了。

A  You are very generous.

   您太客气了。

B  And you’re very helpful.

   你也很帮忙啊。

A  Here’s your receipt.

这是您的收据。

        

  

2006.5.2